Dr Julek Meissner has been practicing naturopathic and homeopathic medicine for 25 years, having graduated from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland Oregon in 1983. Obsessed with improving his homeopathic skills, he has continued his education, studying with many of the greats in the recent homeopathic revival, including Vithoulkas, Sankaran, Sherr, and Timmerman.
Julek has a lot of life experience to tap into, having gone through his fair share of life challenges, including the death of his oldest son Emrys. He sees lifestyle skills for thriving despite difficult circumstances as essential in one's quest for health and happiness. Beyond homeopathy, these include a healthy diet, exercise, playfulness, creativity, and meditation.
Julek has fathered four remarkably happy children. Parenting is a skill that requires a love of life, attentiveness to detail, patience, playfulness, a good sense of humor, and compassion, qualities that every one of us needs in order to heal either ourselves or others. Practice makes perfect, and Dr Meissner is a strong advocate of perceiving his children as teachers of life and love skills, invaluable resources that he uses to inspire his clients in the art of wellness. He is also adept and has seen wonderful results treating children homeopathically (see his article on The Homeopathic Approach to Children).
Services are available in English, French and Polish.
- BA Anthropology, University of Victoria, 1977
- ND, National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Portland, Oregon, 1983
- Registered as a licensed ND in Ontario in 1985
- Diplomat status in the Homeopathic Academy of Naturopathic Physicians in 1987
- Member of the Council for Homeopathic Certification since 1990
- Member of the North American Society of Homeopaths since 1992
- Studied with Rajan Sankaran in India in 1996
- Completed a 3 year program with Jeremy Sherr's Dynamis School of homeopathy in 1999.
- Completed a 1 year program with Alize Timmerman's Hahnemann Institute of the Netherlands in 2001.
- Honoring your story to gain insight into your unique nature
- Discovering the hidden healing message behind your symptoms
- Harnessing your body’s natural healing abilities to help you heal yourself
- Encouraging self-awareness for improved stress management
- Promoting healthier lifestyle habits
- Finding your homeopathic medicine, an ally to nurture your nature
- To help you become independently healthy